NovaLibraryMom from Once Upon a Story challenged us to get personal on our blogs as part of bloggiesta – to show our readers something of ourselves. Since I already have a (very basic) about me page, here’s my ‘getting personal’ post!
- I’m female (just in case anyone wasn’t aware, thought we should throw that out to start!)
- I’m short – like, most men are a foot taller than me, and most women 6 inches. That short. In heels (and I wear enormous heels for nights out) I’m basically average size.
- I’m blonde, but in that somewhat bland ashy blonde kind of way. Not in the shiny blonde way (because I’m too skint to dye it!)
- I’m a 21 year old student, starting my final year of a BSc in Zoology with Conservation
Things I love:
- Curry is my favourite food (though steak, chocolate cheesecake & pie all war for second choice)
- My favourite animals are elephants (preferably African).
- I dream of one day owning a porcupine. Did you know a baby porcupine is called a porcupette? Isn’t that adorable?
- I’m a nerd – there’s no getting around it. I love Buffy, sci fi & fantasy, Harry Potter fanfics, comic book movies & fancy dress. Oh, and I love the sims and actually enjoy going to my lectures.
Things I don’t like:
- Shoe shopping. I love having a flashy pair of shoes for a night out (especially if I bought them in a sale!) but I hate actually shoe shopping, because I have short wide feet and it’s frustrating! I think it’s kinda how George R.R. Martin feels about writing when he says he enjoys having written rather than writing.
- I have the same issue with jeans – I have a 40cm difference between my waist and hips, and so it’s very difficult to find jeans that fit well
- Physical activity – I’m as uncoordinated as it gets. I fractured a wrist in my school playground playing tag, an elbow ice skating and a rib trying to learn to cartwheel….aged 20.
- Tidying – seriously, I hate tidying. Cleaning isn’t so bad, but tidying makes me depressed.
- I’m insanely phobic of wasps. Don’t ask me how or why, but I literally can’t even look at a picture without my heart rate spiking.
Other random stuff:
- When I’m not at lectures or blogging, I can usually be found either reading, cooking or (ashamed to say) at a cocktail night with my housemates. We are students!
- I will read pretty much anything except gore but my favourites are fantasy, sci fi, young adult, historical and anything with an animal involved!
- I occasionally get it into my head to try and develop new hobbies – for example, recently I bought a sewing machine in a sale. It’s still in the box, and I don’t even know how to set it up!
- I have a pet snake, a very small royal python who’s frightened of water.
- I live with my boyfriend (who generally wishes not to be discussed) and four housemates (who are oblivious to my blog)
So that’s pretty much it about me, what about you?