Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted at The Broke and The Bookish where they post a list idea and everyone is welcome to post the list with their own answers. This week the theme is Top Ten Settings you’d like to see more of (or at all).
Here are ten settings I’d like to see more of, and a few books which feature those such places.
2. Space – who doesn’t want more space?
3. Zoos/Nature Reserves/Animal parks/Pet shops – This is totally just the zoology nerd in me dying to get out
4. Heaven/Hell Purgatory/Limbo
5. Underwater – this could be in a scuba diving sort of way rather than an Atlantis one
6. The Arctic/Antarctic
7. Islands/Rainforests – there’s a link there, just go with it.
8. Horse Ranches/Cattle Farms
9. Boats (Including Pirate ships) – If you haven’t read Life Of Pi yet, the kindle version is 20p on Amazon at the minute
Hmm…Outdoorsy places seem to appeal to me a lot. I’m quite clearly living vicariously through books. Helped of course by the fact that the hard work and difficult conditions in some of these places might get played down a bit in fiction!