Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted at The Broke and The Bookish where they post a list idea and everyone is welcome to post the list with their own answers. This week the theme is Top Ten Books I recommend the most.
Since I predominantly read fantasy, unsurprisingly that’s what I tend to recommend. I’ve tried to include a few others as well though, since I don’t recommend fantasy to EVERYONE…..
1. A Game of Thrones – If you can get into it, it’ll be worth it. This sat on my shelf barely touched until one day I just decided I’d keep going with it and hope it picked up…by the end of the day I was hooked!
2. Pawn of Prophecy – This and Dragons of Autumn Twilight (#4), are the books that got me into fantasy as a kid and they still make great re-reads.
5. Delirium – This one has to go on the list, for me, because it’s just such an interesting premise!
7. Poison Study – Maria V. Snyder is one of my favourite authors, particularly because of her characters. Poison Study is where it all starts, and it’s deinitely worth giving a go.
9. Wolf of the Plains – I’m not a big reader of historical fiction, and I knew nothing whatsoever about Genghis Khan when I picked this up. My dad kept raving about it, so I started it to shut him up, fully expecting it to be dry and boring. Turns out, it’s actually an excellent book, and I’ve been following the whole series since.
10. Bitten – A feisty journalist, who just so happens to be the only female werewolf, Elena is pretty much what makes this book for me. Elena is a kick-ass heroine, and her sarcasm, the dramatic plot, and Clay, make this a book I keep coming back to.