Considering that I didn’t buy any books this week because I knew I’d need to focus on my exam I had an awesome haul (or I suppose a terrible one from a revision point of view!). Went on a bit of a kindle freebie spree because I just can’t resist, and I had a few NetGalley requests approved. Got a reasonable amount posted considering I spent Thursday night in A&E and the weekend in bed feeling sorry for myself!
The Dark Djinn (Kindle freebie)
Voices of the Soul (Kindle freebie)
Addicted (Kindle freebie)
Working it Out (Kindle freebie)
Crossing the Line (Kindle freebie)
The Mating (Kindle freebie)
The Keeping (Kindle freebie)
The Finding (Kindle freebie)
Crown of Thorns (Kindle freebie)
Informed Consent (Kindle freebie)
This week on the blog:
- Monday plans
- A Filofax dilemma – too many filofaxes?!
- Top Ten Favourite covers of books I’ve read
- Early Review: Dare You To (Katie McGarry)
Posts I loved this week:
- This post from Rachel of Fiktshun and Celine’s thoughts on The State of Book Blogging are great, and really thought provoking. I’m still mulling over their points at the minute, but I may have a post up next week.
- Alison of The Cheap Reader asks How Important is Likeability to a story?
- Lauren DeStefano (Author of The Chemical Garden trilogy), wrote a fantastic, brave post on anxiety.
- After yet MORE gallstones trouble this week, I’ve been browsing for some lower fat, but still delicious, recipes. I’ve always loved Gina’s recipes, and I can’t wait to try the Grilled Teriyaki burgers she posted this week (although without actual pineapple because no one in my house eats it!)
- This chocolate chip mug cake also looks great for a treat (2g of fat…in a cake? How can I pass that up?!)
- Geraldine made these minion cakes for her son’s birthday, but honestly I kinda want one!
- Jamie discusses the good and bad points about her social media diet this week – could you cope with this?!
- We’ve touched on my geekiness before so it shouldn’t surprise you that I’m very excited for the Sims 3 Dragon Valley – post exams treat? I think so!