I’ve talked before about my issues with haul posts and memes, and in 2014 I’m determined to really iron out a way to deal with it! This week I’m trying out a post which includes a book haul, but also includes plenty of other sections, so I don’t feel as much pressure about an empty haul. This layout is sort of inspired by Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge, This Week’s To Be Read & My Week. It’ll probably get changed a bit more before I find a format that’s ‘perfect’, but I definitely like this more than my usual Stacking the Shelves layout. As well as making it less haul focused, it gives me a chance to also include more about my filofax (which is one of the most popular sections of StudentSpyglass), and keep track of challenge progress weekly. Including a section on my week in real life also fits in well with my goal to post more personal things on the blog in 2014!
Feel free to let me know what you think!
This week on the blog
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Read in 2013
- 2014 challenges (part 1)
– I’ve only taken on 3 so far, so feel free to point me in the direction of any great ones!
- 2013 in review
- Early Review: Defy (Sara B. Larson) [4 stars]
Woohoo – a spend-free week (hopefully the first of many this year!). I picked up a few from the library, and chose The Ocean at the End of the Lane and Taste of Darkness to use the remainder of a kindle voucher from Christmas.
As you can see, my week has been chilled out! I’ve had a great week just relaxing and enjoying time with my family and my other half before he goes back to university. Highlights of my week were:
- A great New Year’s Eve with friends and lots of games (followed by a not so great next morning!)
- Going to the Natural History Museum with my other half and friends from uni
- A low-key curry with a couple of old school friends
Started: The Silver Chain (Primula Bond) [5%]
- Seriously Series:
- Series Started in 2014: 0/18
- Series Started before 2014: 1/18
- Library Books challenge: 2/36
- LGBTQ: 0/3