As Januarys go, this one has been pretty good! I had a pretty average month in terms of reading, but I’ve been feeling much more on track in terms of blogging. I managed 10 reviews this month, which may sound like an average month for some of you, but I’m pretty sure it’s the most I’ve posted since I started blogging! I also stuck to my resolution to post more personal posts, including my word of 2014.
I’m still job hunting which isn’t much fun, but I did enjoy relaxing and spending a lot of time with family and friends. I’ve also paid the deposit on my MSc (Scary!), so there’s no turning back now!
Favourite things I did this month:
- The Harry Potter Studio Tour – We went for a late anniversary celebration (my other half knows me so well!), and I loved it.
- Seeing Frozen – I went once with friends and then again with my sister, because I’m just that cool. I’ve been listening to the soundtrack pretty much constantly since as well!
- Visiting Matt at uni – A pretty obvious choice really! We mostly just relaxed with films and take out, though we did also have a Burns night celebration with his housemates which was good fun.
Favourite purchase this month:
I really tried not to buy anything at the Harry Potter Studio Tour, but I just couldn’t resist! I resisted the Slytherin hoodies in favour of this slightly more neutral but completely gorgeous Hogwarts one. It was pretty expensive, but I absolutely love it, and it’s so warm and comfy. I wear it a lot so I figure it was worth every penny!
Books read: 8
Pages read: 2688
Average pages per day: 87
Favourites: Cruel Beauty & Pantomime
(Challenge: # read this month [total/goal])
- Seriously Series:
- Series Started in 2014: 1 [1/18]
- Series Started before 2014: 3 [3/18]
- Library Books challenge: 3 [3/36]
- LGBTQ: 1 [1/3]
- TBR Pile Reading challenge: 0 [0/31]
- Review Pile Reading Challenge: 3 [3/31]
I need your help!
As you know, I’m trying to read some of the books on my shelves, and this month I managed a pathetic…0! I’ve picked 8 books I own, and I’d like your help choosing what I should read in February. This will be open until Sunday 9th February to give me time to get reading. You can vote for up to three, so please share your recommendations for me!
Total Books gained: 18
Books bought: 4
Books for review: 6
TBR pile change: +7 books
On the blog
Number of Posts: 27
NetGalley % change: +14% [!!]
Most Popular posts:
- How to get your NetGalley Feedback to approval ratio to 80% (or more!)
- Tackling my NetGalley ratio is one of my goals for 2014, so I laid out my steps for going about improving it, and it seems I’m not the only one!
- The costs of book blogging (AKA Why I’m going on a book buying diet for 2014)
- This is a hugely geeky post on where I got books from last year compared to where the books I READ came from. I’m apparently not the only graph lover because this was one of my most popular posts this month!
- Top Ten Tuesday (#46): Top Ten 2014 Debuts I’m excited for
Most Popular review: Parasite (Mira Grant) [5 stars]