This week on the blog
- Fandom Mashups: Murder Investigation
- Top Ten Tuesday: Ten finished series I have yet to finish
- Looking Ahead: September 2015
Burning Glass – Review copy (Edelweiss)
Assassin’s Heart – Review copy (Edelweiss)
The Great Hunt – Review copy (Edelweiss)
Total spend: Nothing
So, this is the first one of these for a while! Nothing very exciting to report – my dissertation finally got handed in last week, and this week I’ve just been catching up with friends, doing a bit of reading, enjoying some TV and generally relaxing!
In terms of reading, Matt and I finished the audiobook of The Martian and have just started the audiobook of Ready Player One (both re-reads for me). I’m definitely loving the new routine of listening to the audiobook before bed so I’m hoping we can keep it up. I’ve started Queen of Shadows, and I’m hoping to get that finished next week. TV-wise, we finished watching The 100, but we haven’t watched much else except The Great British Bake Off (at least that I can think of off the top of my head!). Next week I have my final exam, lots of end-of-course social things, and a presentation to give. Matt will also be starting his course, so when I’m not doing last-minute MSc things, I’ll be starting the oh-so-fun process of job hunting! (Can you tell how much I’m looking forward to that?!)
Finished: The Martian (audio)
Currently Reading: Queen of Shadows (57%)
[As I’m sure you’ll have noticed, this isn’t normally in my weekly recaps, BUT I love reading link lists, so I thought I’d give making one a go. Let me know whether you like it/hate it/want it at some other frequency/wish it could be it’s own post etc, because I loved finding all the posts, but it also took a while!]
- Jen talks about how she writes reviews
- Ana held a reader survey (which has some interesting results!) and is making some changes as a result
- Kelly hates book shaming
- Stormy talks about the way she manages and thinks about her TBR
- Briana says you don’t have a good reason to plagiarize, (and of course she’s absolutely right!)
- Shannon wants to know how much research you do before reading a book?
- In case you missed it Bekka has a new Bookish Bingo for September, October & November.
- Amber shares a list of 20 things she’d like to do before 20
- Rachel talks about finding time to blog.
- Aentee talks about the cure for writer’s block when it comes to reviews.
- Kaitlin talks about coming up with post ideas.
- Jess wants to know: When does defensive become pushy?
- Don’t forget that sign-ups are open for the next Bloggiesta, September 17th-20th!
- Holly talks about film fans, book fans, and fan loyalty
- Amber shares a guide to books with boarding schools
- Kimberly has opened sign ups for Blog Ahead in October, a month devoted to getting ahead and scheduling blog posts