The Beat the Backlist challenge is hosted by Novel Knight, and the aim is to get through the stacks of books on our TBR that get forgotten about when new releases come out!
I just discovered this challenge this morning so I’m just jumping in a bit late. The challenge includes an awesome Hogwarts House Mini Cup which I’ll definitely be joining in with (for Slytherin of course). Since I can only start earning points for the House Cup from today onwards, I’m setting my goals for just the rest of the year too.
I’m not sure exactly what I’ll be reading but I’m aiming for 50 books in total. I’d like to especially focus on getting through a few series though, as well as review books. Below are a few possibles:
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher – book 10+
- The Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong – book 8+
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin (re-read)
- The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan – books 4 & 5
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- The Obsidian Throne by J.D. Oswald
- In Death series by J.D. Robb – books 31+
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith – books 2+
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- Feedback by Mira Grant
We also get points for reviewing backlist titles – even if they were read in 2016 or earlier, which is DEFINITELY a big plus for me – I’ve got too many review copies that I’ve read but not yet got around to reviewing. As well as aiming for 50 books, I’m hoping to get at least 25 backlist books reviewed.