The Sbooktacular Readathon Adventure is a ‘choose-your-own adventure’ style readathon that runs from the 25th-31st of October, and is hosted by Novel Thoughts.
For this readathon, you choose a pathway through the map, and end up joining 1 of 5 teams. I went on a library splurge yesterday, and the Team Witch pathway happened to fit the best (I think) with what I picked up, so that’s the team I’ll be joining.
- Read a book of your choice
S.T.A.G.S (back up duplicate: One Dark Throne)
- Read a book set in the past
- Read a book with magic in it
A darker shade of magic (backup duplicate: One Dark Throne)
- Read a book with orange on the cover
Skitter (backup duplicate One Dark Throne)
- Read a book only after the sun has set
- Read the first book in a series
A Natural History of Dragons (backup duplicate: A Darker Shade of Magic)
- Read a fantasy novel
A Gathering of Shadows (backup duplicate: One Dark Throne OR A Darker Shade of Magic OR A Natural History of dragons)
The readathon has a house cup element as well, and you earn points by:
- Posting YouTube videos about your readathon experience. (20p)
Can be: TBR videos, reading updates, daily or weekly vlogs, wrap up videos.
- Posting blogs about your readathon experience. (20p)
Can be: TBR posts, reading updates, wrap ups.
- Posting photos of your TBR or reading progress. (10p)
Post with the hashtag #sbookyreads and your team hashtag so that we can find your posts.
- Tweeting about the readathon. (10p)
Tweet with the hashtag #sbookyreads and your team hashtag so that we can find your posts.
- Participating in Twitter sprints. (5p)
Tweet with the hashtag #sbookyreads.
- Finishing books. (100p)
- Completing readathon challenges. (100p)
- Completing your entire readathon path. (200p)
I’m not sure how many books I’ll get finished, but I’m going to do my best to at least finish the full 7 challenges and get the 200 points for finishing my pathway. You can use 1 book for more than 1 challenge on the same pathway, which is why I’ve picked out duplicates for more categories, so if I am short on time I can still fit everything in. You can also move onto additional challenges/pathways after you finish your own, so I might do that too if I can!