In July 2015 myself and Micheline ran Harry Potter Month 2.0 and had an absolute blast! This year it’s back, and hopefully it’ll be bigger and better than ever, because we absolutely loved writing for it, reading and sharing your awesome posts, and competing in the House Cup!
What’s Harry Potter Month?!
In case you weren’t aware last year or need a recap, Harry Potter month is basically a month long celebration of all things Harry Potter! We chose July because it ends with Harry’s birthday, and of course this year it’s also building up to the release of the Harry Potter & The Cursed Child script book.
There are two main ways to join in:
1) Posting Harry Potter related blog posts any time throughout the month
2) Participating in the House Cup – earning points for your House and trying to win the House Cup!
You can do one or the other or both, and there’s no minimum or maximum number of posts if you want to post.
What can I post about?
Pretty much anything as long as it has SOMETHING to do with Harry Potter! For example you could post….
- Reviews of the books or films
- Comparisons of the books v the films
- Favourites lists: characters, quotes, scenes, pairings
- Inspired by Harry Potter: Fashion, make up, nail art, recipes
- If you liked Harry Potter you might like…. books, tv shows, films etc
- Fanfiction: Fanfics you’ve enjoyed, fanfics you’ve written, fanfic challenges you’ve taken part in or would like to take part in
- Discussions: Such as Why you love Harry Potter, which House you think you’d be and why,
- Harry Potter crafts: wallpapers, bookmarks, icons, recipes, drink recipes
- Harry Potter parties: Game ideas, decor ideas, drinking games
What’s the House Cup all about?
You choose your Hogwarts House, and then have fun earning points by completing any of a number of tasks, such as watching one of the films, commenting on other bloggers’ posts, making a HP related craft or playing on Pottermore! The full list of tasks and their points will go up on the 1st of July, but it was huge fun last year, and there will be a giveaway involved! Last year Hufflepuff got twice as many points as any other House – will it be the same this year?!
How do I get involved? / I’m not sure but maybe!
We’ll each have a linky for posts, (as well as a House Cup sign up post) going up on Friday 1st July, so just pop back then if you want to take part 🙂