Adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe
Total propoints per recipe:41
Propoints per serving: 4
You will need:
Cooking spray/oil sprayer
200g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g margarine (I used Flora Light)
Pinch of salt
75g caster sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
2 medium bananas
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4/350°F, and mist a loaf tin with cooking spray/spray oil. If you have a silicone loaf tin that would be even better.
2. Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda together, add the pinch of salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the margarine, caster sugar and the honey. If you don’t have honey, you can use an extra tablespoon of sugar instead.
4. Beat the eggs, and add them slowly to the sugar bowl. Beat continuously.
5. Mash the bananas. Stir the flour into the sugar mixture, and finally stir in the bananas.
6. Pour into the loaf tin and bake for approximately 1 hour. Leave to cool.
Once cool, I cut our loaf into 10 slices, making each slice 4 propoints. Half slices of 2 propoints each have worked really well as a snack for me this week. You could of course choose to cut more or fewer slices, depending on your points budget.
Next time, I’ll have to remember to take a photo!