Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted at The Broke and The Bookish where they post a list idea and everyone is welcome to post the list with their own answers. This week’s theme is “Top Ten Books read in the lifetime of your blog”.
There’s just two problems with this question – a) I haven’t been blogging that long and b) I was pretty lax about recording what I read until recently! Based on what I HAVE recorded/can remember I would have to go with….
1 & 2. Dragon Haven & City of Dragons – I’m a huge Robin Hobb fan and I think this is my favourite series so far. I can’t wait for the next one!
3 & 4. Storm of Swords part 1 & 2 – I really wasn’t sure about the George R.R. Martin books at first, but I’m so glad I stuck with it, these two were definitely my favourite so far. My review of part 1 is here.
5. A Touch of Power – Not my favourite Maria V. Snyder book, but I still really enjoyed it. Review here.
6. Insurgent – I found this slightly more gripping than Divergent, though slightly more predictable. Review here.
7. Pushing the limits – After everyone raved about this, I just had to read it. I don’t think I loved it as much as many reviewers did – it was a 4/5 for me. Review here.
8. The Elephant whisperer – As a Zoology with Conservation student who is obsessed with elephants, I may be a tiny bit biased….but I loved this. Review to come soon!
10. The Pledge? – I’m about halfway through this at the moment and really enjoying it. It feels similar in writing style to Maria V. Snyder, and if the second half of the book lives up to the first, this would definitely make the list.