Way back at the start of 2013, one of our Top Ten Tuesday topics was Top Ten Goals for 2013. Just over halfway through the year now (about 55%), I figure it’s time to review how well I’m getting on with those goals.
My goals & Progress
1. Read 75 books – AHEAD
– I’ve increased my goal to 120, since I’ve read 76 books so far. I’m not sure yet whether I’ll be working from September onwards, so I’ll re-evaluate my goal when I know!
2. Read 25 000 pages – AHEAD
– I’ve so far read 24 000 pages this year, so I’m increasing my goal to 40 000.
3. Complete at least 75% of the challenges I’ve signed up for – ON TRACK (I think!)
– Of the 18 challenges I’ve signed up for, I’m roughly on track for all bar 2, so hopefully this one should get done.
4. Write reviews within 2 weeks of finishing books – FAIL
– This has been a total failure! I think I’m just going to scrap this and number 6 – they make reading and blogging feel too much like a chore.
5. Comment more – TOO VAGUE
– Am I commenting more than last year? I’ve no idea! I need a better way of tracking or motivating myself for this one.
6. Try to read two books I already own before buying another – FAIL
– Firstly, I don’t keep track enough, and secondly I’m just too moody a reader!
7. Post at least 52 reviews – ON TRACK
– 29 down, 23 to go. I’ve been averaging 1 a week and just need to make sure I keep that average (or ideally higher) for the rest of the year).
8. Consider ebooks over hard copies – ON TRACK
9. Abuse the library when home over the summer – ON TRACK
10. Keep better track of my reading – ON TRACK
– I’ve been updating my challenges monthly on goodreads so they should be easier to deal with at the end of the year.
11. Schedule more for the blog – NEEDS MORE WORK
– Things are really busy now that I’ve started my summer job, and my blogging is suffering for it. I really need to get more organised on this one!
12. Read what I want to read – ON TRACK