April over at Good Books and Good Wine is hosting a 15 day Book Blogger Challenge, which you can read all about here. It seems like a great idea, and I’m loving the idea of putting something random and exciting into my blog at a time when my real life makes me want to sleep rather than blog!
Day 11 of the Book blogging Challenge asks us show off our best 5 posts. I really struggled with this one, because I’m crazy anxious and so I feel like whatever I pick will go down like a lead balloon. Here goes though!
A letter to my younger blogging self
– This was a mini-challenge as part of the book blogger love-a-thon. At ten months I was definitely still a new blogger, but there were still some things I’d picked up that I wish I’d known when I started blogging! I still go back to this now when I’m feeling stressed about blogging, because it reminds me to take a deep breath and think about what’s actually important.
Inspired by Parajunkee: Seeking originality
– I wrote this post when it felt like everyone was admitting there were too many memes and promo posts in their readers, because I personally felt there wasn’t an awful lot of advice about how to step away from that sort of content. Whenever I want to come up with a bunch of post ideas, I follow the exact process laid out in this post.
Top Ten Tips for Managing the TBR pile
– This was a Top Ten Tuesday freebie. I was right in the middle of organising my own TBR pile, and it made sense to me to compile the tips I’d found helpful into one place!
Reviewing my June Project
– At the start of June, I announced my month long project, to post no memes, promo posts or tours. This post reviews what I did manage to post, how hard I found it, and what effect the lack of memes had on both my stats and follower counts. It was really useful for me to condense all this into one post, to weigh up whether the memes should stay or go.
Filofax for studying
– This is a pretty short but geeky post, showing how I used my adored filofax for keeping up at uni. It’s very simple, but it remains my most popular post ever, and I assume that must be for a reason!