Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted at The Broke and The Bookish where they post a list idea and everyone is welcome to post the list with their own answers. This week’s theme is “Top Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start But Haven’t“.
Since this is actually a topic we covered way back in 2013 I thought it’d be fun to see what I’d put on my original list and the progress I made before setting my new list.
My 2013 list
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone – Finished
- All Souls Trilogy – Finished
- Maze Runner – Finished
- Darkest Powers Trilogy – Not started
- Demon Cycle – Not started
- The Broken Empire – Read the first, DNF’d the second
- The Chemical Garden – Read the first two, may come back to the third eventually but I’m not convinced
- Across the Universe – Not started
- For Darkness Shows the Stars – Not started
- Graceling Realm – Finished
So 6/10. Not great but not terrible….
My 2017 list
Series where I already own at least 1 book
Obviously I really want to read these series, or I wouldn’t have picked up the first book! And yet, as so often happens, a new sequel or a review arrives and the new series on my shelves get pushed back. I’ve heard particularly good things about Nevernight, The Novice and Half a King, but I’m genuinely excited for all of these!
Series on my wishlist
Wayfarers sounds right up my alley, and I enjoyed Bardugo’s other series a lot more than I anticipated, so these were two obvious choices for me. I’ve heard such great things about A Darker Shade of Magic I keep meaning to pick it up, and do I really need to say anything other than DRAGONS to explain my need to start the Memoirs of Lady Trent?!
What series do you keep meaning to start? And any on here I should bump to the top of my reading list?!